Before we begin, we need to go through a few disclaimers.
First, it's important to note that WebCentral does not officially support Mozilla Thunderbird. We strongly recommend obtaining Microsoft Outlook 2010 or newer to configure any of our email services.
However, it may be possible to use Mozilla Thunderbird to connect to our Exchange services. This guide is offered as a possible solution and has worked in testing. There is no guarantee that it will work for every setup, but this guide is provided with the hope that it is able to assist you in finding a working configuration.
Finally, this guide uses a third-party add-on called "ExQuilla". Use of this plug-in is at your own risk; we neither develop nor support this add-on and only suggest that it might serve your needs.
To begin with, install Mozilla Thunderbird. It is available here.
1. Once installed, open Mozilla Thunderbird, and go to the add-ons section via the menu at the top-right.
2. In the add-ons window, search for 'Exchange'. You should see the ExQuilla add-on in the results. Install this add-on.
Once installed, ExQuilla will require you to restart Thunderbird. Do this now.
3. When Thunderbird re-opens, there will be ExQuilla options available. Go to the Tools menu and select Tools > ExQuilla for Microsoft Exchange > Add Microsoft Exchange Account....
4. ExQuilla will now ask for some basic details for your account. Enter your email address and password, leave the authentication method set to Login with email address (recommended), then click Next >.
5. ExQuilla will now need server information. Simply click the do auto discover button.
ExQuilla should now be able to find the necessary server settings autoatically, via a record in your DNS. If successful, you will see two green lights, as below:
If you do not see green lights, your account is probably missing the autodiscover option. Simply log a job through Mission Control asking us to add an autodiscover record to your DNS and we can set this up for you.
Once you have green lights, click Next >.
ExQuilla will provide a summary of your account. Click Finish.
Your account should now be setup in Thunderbird.